Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Cattails and Fairies


I struggle at times to make a project Frilly or Funkie when I am mailing it to someone, like this one for my 82 year old aunt in California, but I was inspired by the challenge at Frilly and Funkie: Back to Nature.


 I purchased a stencil several years ago of this cattail image because I have always loved the look of cattails.  I thought I would use some texture paste, but alas, my jar of texture paste was all dried up when I opened it!  How does that happen? Then I thought I would emboss the image and use some glue and some brown flocking, but do you think I had any flocking in brown? No, only red, orange, pink, yellow, and purple!  I could have sworn I found some brown flocking specifically for this stencil! Anyhow, I ended up embossing the image on some kraft cardstock and inking through the stencil...not quite what I had in mind, but hey, the craft store is no longer right around the corner. I added a skeleton leaf on top of a real leaf I had collected a few years ago to give it some contrast, a fussy cut image of a fairy, and a couple of 'raindrops'.



I was also reminded of this beauty recently when I went to collect my mail, there is a huge field of cattails in one of the open areas of our neighborhood!  I had never seen it before this year!


Thanks for looking, I'm happy I was able to finally use my Cattail Stencil!

4 comments:

  1. Barb, this is a beautiful way to use that cattail stencil, even though your best laid plans had to be set aside. I'm pretty sure there is a past fairy out there that sucks out all the moisture during the night. Or is it we get a little paste on the threads of the lid and that makes a little gap for air to get in? I'm pretty sure it's a fairy...

    Anyway, lovely design and so fitting for our Back to Nature challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your clean and simple card with the wee fairy at the bottom of the big cattails. The leaves add extra nature to this great card. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!