Friday, August 10, 2018

Augustus Rome


I really liked the current challenge at Frilly and Funkie: August to celebrate Augustus Caesar and his contribution to architecture, and to focus on marble, columns, and/or arches in your project.

We were lucky enough to take a cruise last year to Italy and Greece, and one of the things that really caught our attention were the beautiful doorways and arches. In fact, one of the friends we met on the cruise was laughing at my husband for taking so many pictures of doorways and flowers and such! So I debated on whether or not to make 12 x 12 layouts in my Travel album, or to create a mini album with this chipboard album cover. I decided to go with the mini album, but I still have to work on the insides of the album! I got a little sidetracked this year working on albums for the grandkids!

The little cards are from Graphic 45 retired DSP called Botanicabella, the 'poster' really reminded me of an ancient notice in Latin.

Here is a close up of the arched doorway on my cover.


The following photos are a few which will eventually be added to pages for this mini album:





Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I KNOW what you mean about taking photos of doorways! LOVE this cover that you created! It will be FAB when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great journal cover, Barb! I love the monochromatic scheme and that mysterious door! I, too, am a sucker for doorways! It looks like you spotted some real beauties on your trip! Thank you for playing along in our 'August' challenge at Frilly and Funkie! We appreciate your faithful appearance in our gallery! Hugs!

    PS Thank you, too, for your really sweet comment on my snarky card! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the doorway on your journal and your shared pictures of arched doors! Lovely design and so very happy to have you join us again at Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal cover. You have captured the lovely doors you saw beautifully with the one on your project. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!