Monday, July 30, 2018

Planes, trains, and automobiles


Just in time for my middle son's birthday (he's 37 in case you missed the arrow and the star reference)! He just bought a black pickup truck (not vintage) and his birthday is next week.  Since I have 3 grown sons, I tend to go a little more funkie than frilly.

I started with some map DSP from one of my very first scrapbook purchases, a Heritage Album kit from Hot Off The Press, are they even still around? Then I used the Rays Layering Stencil from Tim Holtz along with some Mini Distress Ink. I forgot to heat set the Distress Ink, so when I added the stamped image of the truck, Tim Holtz The Journey, and some black embossing powder, I had to gently wipe away the black powder on the rays! Then I stamped the compass from Mini Blueprints and used some rub ons from Tim Holtz Life Quotes before adding the die cut pieces from Recollections and the phillips screw Brads, and then used some mounting tape to allow for the extra thickness created by the brads.

Frilly and Funkie - Planes Trains and Automobiles

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, la! La! Barb, I love this! Great ombre effect with that stencil and I love the black elements that really pop off that road map background. Great design! thanks again for sharing at Frilly and Funkie in our Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!!!
    Reminds me of my Grandpa & his antique cars he rebuilt & showed.
    (1931 Durant to it's original plum/maroon color- his pride & joy purchased the yr I was born, 1965, ...'56 Packard that he redid in blue- to match MY EYE BLUE COLOR!,...& a '67 Red Ford Convertible Top)
    This really shows off the 'guy cars thing' we Moms deal with for our Sons (I raised 2 who are now married & so far... 1 GRANDSON!!! I am in HEAVEN!!!
    U really ROCKED this Challenge in my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic birthday card! I love the clever nods to his birthday age with the arrow and star! Beautiful background with the cool vintage car! Thanks for playing along in the Frilly and Funkie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a fantastic card! You've used that Rays stencil brilliantly here. Just such a wonderful fabulous mix of ink and dies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Another of my FAVES won!!!
    U SOOO DESERVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!