Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tips and Tricks-Laughing Cow and Bunnies


Hi there ~ Barb's turn for Tips and Tricks Thursday.  I love this new Laughing Cow Cheese as much as I love re-purposing the cute little container.  My boys are worried I'm becoming a hoarder because I keep so many different containers with the ambition of re-purposing all of them!  And... I couldn't resist spotlighting this cute set from Skipping Stones Design, Chocolate Volume #1,  just in time for Easter (by 'just in time' I mean there's still time to order this set for Easter).


Here are the supplies you'll need:


 Start off by peeling the label off the container, cutting a 4" circle from background paper, stamping the image and paper piecing the little bunnies.


 ...then apply some Mod Podge to the top of the container (it acts like glue and a sealer)...


 ...apply the 4" circle, let dry a few minutes, apply the bunnies and another coat of Mod Podge...


 ...apply ribbon around the edge of the container (with Mod Podge)...allow to dry (if there are dark spots apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of the ribbon)...


 ...and finish it off with a few embellies...




...perfect size for candy or even a gift card!

Thanks for stopping by, now go find a container to re-purpose!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute Barb...I love repurposing items too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, excellent project!!! Love how you altered the container...sooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bard, this is one really cute repurposed project!!! And, I'm ROTFL at the butt hurting comment!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tutorial - I have 3 of these in my fridge now (it's my kids fav). I'm off to get those containers! Thanks for your sweet comments on my project for PC's 350 Cards and Gifts blog hop! Next time I'm in town, perhaps I'll drop some cookies off to you...;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!