Sunday, September 18, 2022

1st Grade

 

 

The current challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog is 'Back To School'...not literally, but create a project using books, alphabets, anything that reminds you of learning...however, I took it quite literally! I've fallen behind in my scrapbooking and was inspired by my Granddaughter's first day of First Grade. 

Cambria ( the one in pink) has been best friends with Ryan since preschool, even though they were in separate classrooms in Kindergarten and also this year in First Grade. I thought Cambria was tall for a six year old, but Ryan makes her look tiny! Cambria had not seen Ryan since school ended because her friend spent the summer out of state. Her cute little friend found her before school and presented Cambria with a sweet little necklace to celebrate the reunion! My son sent me the pictures and I couldn't resist using them for this challenge. 

The bigger challenge was to create a 'funkie' scrapbook page for a very modern little girl...afraid I fell a little short in that area! I used Faded Type as the background, pulled out a really, really old transfer title (My Mind's Eye) from my hoarded stash, some alphabet stamps, and a couple of die cuts. Then I created a little journal card to slip inside for the details. I did make good use of my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform for this one!

 


Another challenge I was able to use for this project was Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Die Cuts. The little gold star charm is from Taylored Expressions, the heart and the file folder tab are from Cricut Cuttlebug Planner Embellishments Dies.





5 comments:

  1. love you back to school creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scrapbook page! What a great back to school memory to share. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna TFJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think you totally nailed it! Without the so-sweet girls, it would have been a lesser celebration of paper, since they just made the entire beautiful page into SPECTACULAR!!
    What a sweeter story to go with this page- melts my heart that kids can still depend on each other this way,
    THANK YOU so much for sharing with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet layout! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout and it's perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!