Monday, August 22, 2022

Seaside Sunset


 This is the first card I made for the current challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog, Chillin' in the Heat,to use warm colors or cool colors. I like the way this one turned out using warm colors, but when I tried to re-create it with cool colors, I just couldn't get it right, and changed direction completely (see yesterdays post)! 

So I think I will send this one to my cousin for her birthday to remind her of the fabulous vacation we enjoyed on the Oregon Coast earlier this year, where we saw some gorgeous sunsets from the balcony of our condo. Maybe I'll try it with cool colors again later with the same design!

The 'Breathe' stamp is from Stampendous and is one of my favorites, but I don't have occasion to use it very often. The sea shell stamp is an oldie from Inkadinkado.

3 comments:

  1. Your cousin is lucky either way! I love the sun set/rise you created with this beautiful scene! Thanks for sharing both with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutiq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The sunset is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining TFJ Challenge! ~Janna TFJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now getting to check back in on these and I see your first idea here: SWEET! I'm on your side with loving the heat of summer (it's why we need to chill in the first place,lol) and the scene your card shows is one I often thought of as a kid, for my expectations of what the warm tropics would look like. I had to wait until I was 18 to see the ocean for the first time and it was in October on the Delaware coast...not my first choice but it was ocean and I loved it. When I finally saw a sunset in Miami, FL, I was 24 and the colors resembled those of this card. A vision I have seen hundreds of time over now, but it never grows old- rather, more beautiful like your make here!
    Thank you for this stunning, colorful work- and for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, Barb!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!