Monday, July 20, 2020

Christmas in July



I've been meaning to try out this Tim Holtz 3D folder for a while now and just hadn't found the right project for it. So, even though I probably would have chosen a different background for the Christmas theme, I'm happy with the results...the swirls in the 'Elegant' folder remind me a little of the boughs of a Christmas tree. I wanted to use the technique where you use Bundled Sage Distress Oxide Ink with the Bronze Distress Metallic Crayon, but alas, I purchased the Bundled Sage in the normal Distress Ink, not the Distress Oxide, so it didn't turn out as I'd hoped. So, I used the Bronze Distress Metallic Crayon and then used (finally) some really old Dreamweaver Metallic F/X shimmery powder called Eye of the Tiger, which brought out a little more pink to the bronze. I wanted to try another shot at this 3D folder in green for the Christmas in July entry, but I have to work tomorrow and am running out of time!

The ornament stamp is from a company no longer in business, Skipping Stones Design, and stamped in Versamark and Ranger Embossing Powder in Copper.  The bow die is from Tim Holtz Festive Greens.

I tend to keep the cards fairly simple so they can be mailed more easily.


The majority of the product used for this card is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique...thank you for the generous gift certificate for the random drawing in past challenges, which allows me to have so much additional fun shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Barb, this is so pretty! I really love this embossing folder, and even more so, what you have done with it. Very elegant card! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog in Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a powerful impact this card delivers. I'm in love with the textures and colors. The ornament image coupled with the die cut bow is fantastic. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us over at The Funkie Junkie Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way you've used that embossing to such effect Barb. It's such an elegant one that would be a real stand out on any festive display. So glad you got to enjoy a splurge at the FJB :) Thank you for joining in with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!