Monday, August 22, 2016

Small World-Small Gift




It's a Small, Small World over at Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog.  The challenge this week is to make or alter something small in a shabby chic or vintage way...this one isn't too vintage or shabby chic, so I started another project which I'll post later; but it was small so I decided to share anyhow.  I was recently given a wine stopper and the paper insert wasn't covered with any type of sealant so I decided to alter it as a gift for my neighbor who mentioned she needed a wine stopper!

 

  So I searched my stash for some 'small' stamp images to fit inside the 1 1/4" circle. 


I came up with a few oldies and was going to use the little hummingbird image (my neighbor does NOT like hummingbirds...in her previous neighborhood they were rampant and she always felt like she was being 'dive bombed' when she went out on her deck...insert me being sarcastic!)  Anyhow, my hubby liked the 'Enjoy' since after all it is intended for use as a wine stopper!  So I decided to use the hummingbird, attached to a Tim Holtz Fragments Charm, as a gift tag...and I was able to use my new Tim Holtz Mini Stencil to decorate the gift box... I was so happy with it I think I'll search for more wine stopper blanks to make as gifts!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely little gift ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How imaginative Barb! I love how you've repurposed this for a new gift. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!