Saturday, March 16, 2019

Sunshine Girls


I was going to make a St. Patrick's Day card to mail to my favorite cousin, but ended up having to complete a couple of other projects and ran out of time to get it there by tomorrow. But, having that on my mind, I went with a pretty green background and a 'blessing', don't know if it's Irish or not, but it reminded me of this one!

May the road rise up to meet you
may the wind be always at your back
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

I fit this into three challenges:

Frilly and Funkie: Pass the Tissues Please - I used Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Plain to soften the image behind the window frame.  (I received the die cut window frame from Linda at The Funkie Junkie Boutique as a thank you for ordering product a while back!)

Simon Says: Feminine/Girly - I added the lace, the buckle slider, and the paper dolls to make it a little more 'girly'.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Whatever the Weather - Sunshine

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. DARLING! Love the sentiment and the sunshine in the window! FAB design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation is so fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, love all the details and sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon say Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a perfect quote to match up with your sweet scene, Barb! I'm so happy you were able to use Linda's gift on this and of course, your tissue wrap! Thank you so much for sharing this in our Pass the Tissues challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also did one project using the window & ivy leaf branch TH dies, so your take automatically has me favoring it!! That window die is just too cute & there are SO MANY ways to use it: the sunshine is PERFECT!!! Love the use of the poem with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet little vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!