Saturday, January 27, 2018

Memories


The challenge at Frilly and Funkie is to choose a word to keep you focused in 2018. I chose 'memories' for several reasons:
1. I want to focus on going through old photos and sending them to cousins whose families are included in them. I inherited a trunk full of old photos from my mother and I need to organize them and get them labeled while I can remember who they are!
2. I also recently had my DNA results and want to focus on some of my family heritage.
3. I recently purchased scrapbooks so I could begin preserving memories of the grandkids.
4. We've decided to have a family reunion every two years and this year we will be going to Lake Tahoe, keeping memories alive of my two brothers who have passed, with my nieces and nephews.
5. We've also planned a trip to Disneyland for the grandkids, making new memories!


I recently ordered some of Tim Holtz Paper Dolls, thinking it was the Christmas version. Looks like I'll be using these in several upcoming projects since there are so many images included! I chose the image with the three children standing together because it reminded me of myself with my two brothers. I stamped a vintage Ferris wheel (Stampin' Up Feeling Sentimental) in the background along with a saying from Tim Holtz, The Journey. The definition stamp is also an old one from Stampin'Up, Define Your Life.


And, since I need to stay focused, I showcased it in this Flip Frame, purchased from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.



And because it is a tag, I am including it in Simon Says 'Tag It'.





6 comments:

  1. Barb, you've made a wonderful tag to help you stay focused on your word, memories! I love the way you've used the paper dolls, especially with the film strip over top of some of them--how clever! And mounting it in this flip frame is indeed a great way to display this lovely reminder! Thank you for playing along at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb what a wonderful word and I love all the activities and things you have planned inspired by your word as well as your beautiful art! Fabulous design and how you have displayed it is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you picked a really, really good word! And I love the tag you created to represent it. It's just so nostalgic and vintage with all those lovely layers and trims. Sounds like you're going to have a memorable year! So happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Frilly and Funkie "the Year Of..." challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect depiction of your word with the vintage paper dolls and the great text. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great collage and looks wonderful on your flip frame. I have got to make some panels for mine! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also received boxes of family photos and some date back to the earliest days of photography. Many of the faces are unknown to me even though they are my relations and that is unfortunate. They truly are found relatives. Your goal of documenting yours is a good one. Your word is good and your tag develops it perfectly! Congrats on the F&F Top 3.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!