Saturday, January 27, 2018
The challenge at Frilly and Funkie is to choose a word to keep you focused in 2018. I chose 'memories' for several reasons:
1. I want to focus on going through old photos and sending them to cousins whose families are included in them. I inherited a trunk full of old photos from my mother and I need to organize them and get them labeled while I can remember who they are!
2. I also recently had my DNA results and want to focus on some of my family heritage.
3. I recently purchased scrapbooks so I could begin preserving memories of the grandkids.
4. We've decided to have a family reunion every two years and this year we will be going to Lake Tahoe, keeping memories alive of my two brothers who have passed, with my nieces and nephews.
5. We've also planned a trip to Disneyland for the grandkids, making new memories!
I recently ordered some of Tim Holtz Paper Dolls, thinking it was the Christmas version. Looks like I'll be using these in several upcoming projects since there are so many images included! I chose the image with the three children standing together because it reminded me of myself with my two brothers. I stamped a vintage Ferris wheel (Stampin' Up Feeling Sentimental) in the background along with a saying from Tim Holtz, The Journey. The definition stamp is also an old one from Stampin'Up, Define Your Life.
And, since I need to stay focused, I showcased it in this Flip Frame, purchased from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
And because it is a tag, I am including it in Simon Says 'Tag It'.