Monday, January 30, 2017

Winter Birthday


The timing was perfect for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Winter Hues.  I was stumped at first, trying to figure out the type of project to work on with the winter colors, I thought, maybe a scrapbook page for my granddaughter's first year, so I started looking through my Graphic45 'A Place In Time' paper pad, and it hit me! My good friend had a birthday last Saturday and this January Cut-Apart fit her personality perfectly! She is the type of friend who loves to display the cards I've made for her, so I made an easel card.  I chose the sentiment 'Hope Your Day is Fabulous' so she can display it as long as she likes and be reminded to have a fabulous day, every day!


I am finally getting around to using some of my hoarded stash...the paper is from a 12 x 12 pad from My Minds Eye called Signature Christmas which I've had from my very early days of papercrafting. I pulled out some beads from my jewelry making stash to make the stick pin and added some aqua pearl embellishments.  Both of the die cut pieces are from Spellbinders, and I used foam tape to add dimension to the main focus page as well as the die cut pieces.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink called Signature Greetings.

Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to the next challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful card Barb! I love the way the colour scheme perfectly fits with your stunning vintage image. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully vintage, winter themed card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!