Friday, November 23, 2012

Thinking of You...a Remembrance


It seems like Thanksgiving is the time of year I miss my mom the most.  Even though I moved out of state and wasn't able to share the Thanksgiving Holiday with her every year, I always use her recipes and always remember calling her to refresh my memory about how to prepare a certain dish...like Candied Sweet Potatoes with marshmallows on top...hers were The Best!  I also reflect on how much time and effort she put into the holiday, making everyone's favorite dish or dessert.

I have a remembrance from when she passed away, a bronze rose, which was the inspiration for this card...


Since she's been in my thoughts so much this month, I chose to use this inspiration for the Stampendous November Challenge to use Stampendous Essentials.

I mixed up some of the Aged Gold and Aged Silver, threw in a little Copper Embossing Powder and used the combination to heat emboss the rose image and to change the color of the silver label.  Then I used some Mica Fragments to sprinkle across the bottom of the card, I love the way the light shines on them in real life and they reminded me a little of fall leaves.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with good memories.


2 comments:

  1. So clever to cover the label holder with Embossing Enamel, Barb! That kind of "out of the box" thinking is why YOU are a BlogStar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, your comments are so encouraging.

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!