Sunday, March 28, 2010

Memories

I spent most of my craft time this weekend helping a friend put together a few layouts for a Memory Album she's creating for her son who passed away recently. She is extremely talented at cross-stitching, but has never done paper crafting of any kind. I'm still relatively new at scrapbooking also, but I think we came up with a few nice pages. This is a sympathy card I had done for her because he loved fishing so much...I'm a little disappointed in how the picture turned out, the card really looked so much better, not so faded looking, hard to see the colors... background is Mellow Moss, a strip of black with hemp twine and the sentiment matted with Not Quite Navy.

2 comments:

  1. Barb, the card is beautiful! What a sweet thing you've done helping your friend... I'm sure it's something she'll treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet, I seriously started to tear up, but you know me. :) I love how you used the fishing part with the memories stamp, and then the sentiment on the inside. So thoughtful and a wonderful sympathy card. I bet JoAnn will love her finished book!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!