Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Vintage Truck Inspiration


When I saw this amazing tutorial from Sara Emily Barker I just had to have the Lumber 3D Texture Fade embossing folder.  In trying to locate this particular tutorial I came across several other projects where Sara Emily used this folder, and all are quite amazing!

This particular card is for a nephew's birthday, and there was a vintage truck on the property where he grew up so I was inspired to use the Tim Holtz Clear Stamp set, The Journey.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get the card in the mail and feel I could have spent a little more time on the Lumber background, but I will definitely play with this folder again!

Current challenge at Frilly and Funkie: Inspired by


Thanks for looking (and thanks for the inspiration)!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb, I'm so thrilled you were inspired by my tutorial on the Lumber Texture Fade! And you have used it beautifully here on your nephew's nostalgic birthday card. Your collage you topped it with is wonderfully done, and I'm sure your nephew was delighted to receive this card with the special representation of the vintage truck from his childhood home. We had a vintage truck in one of our back fields on the farm where I grew up, and I loved to go visit it.

    I know you are going to get lots of use out of that Lumber folder, and I'm looking forward to seeing more! Thank you for sharing this with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic lumber background for your gorgeous card Barb! I bet your Nephew loved receiving this and feel sure you'll be making more beautiful backgrounds soon. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!