Sunday, March 6, 2016

Spring Flowers - 12 Tags of 2016 - March


This is my take on the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016-March.  There are some products I don't yet have in my craft hoarding stash, but to learn a new technique you can always improvise.

I'm also entering this tag in the Simon Says Stamp-Monday Challenge to Take a Leap into the Unknown. Every Tim Holtz monthly challenge offers me a chance to try something new; I haven't tried layering a stencil and coloring with Watercolor Crayons in this way. I also used alcohol ink to color the metal flowers...the ink colors were a little darker than I anticipated but when I added some distress paint dauber in blue, I think the overall effect turned out okay.

While I'm at it, I think I will also enter into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday  Challenge...create something Touchy Feely...the corrugated cardboard has a lot of added texture as well as the metal flowers, and the texture created by the stencil layers.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Love to see your curiosity for new techniques! Wonderful version of Tim's tag! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab texture on your tag. Perfect take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Touchy Feely Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!