Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Not my circus...


This paper from Bo Bunny (from my hoarded stash) has always reminded me of bohemian jewels, so of course I thought of it when Elegant Jewels came up as the current challenge at Frilly and Funkie - Elegant Jewels.

My good friend has a birthday coming up and she likes elephants lately and has incorporated them into her decor. Also, a favorite saying of hers when we worked together was "not my circus, not my monkeys", so I merged the elephant theme with the circus theme, with the jewel theme. I added diamond rhinestones to the elephant hat and amber rhinestones to the design in the upper left, as well as on the little hand for some added jewels. In addition, the cardstock base has a bit of a sparkle to it along with the rich jewel tones.


I was actually pleased with how it all came together, with the Tim Holtz Paper Dolls ballet/tightrope walker, the vintage Ferris Wheel, and the circus elephant!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Barb, how wonderful you were able to take inspiration from your friend's quote and love of elephants to make this creative card! I love how you've used the paper doll! Thank you for playing along with our Elegant Jewels challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card and incorporating your friend's saying extra special. Love how you have turned the paper doll into A CIRCUS PERFORMER. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!